Compatible decks for JD LA115

Jtw943

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I recently was given an LA115 for free. It had sat for awhile in a garage and does not have a deck... apparently the original deck took a massive beating and had been destroyed.

I've gotten the mower running fine but I'm having a hard time finding a used 42" deck specifically for this model... they seem to be a dime a dozen. Most places online want almost 800 bucks for one brand new!!!

Are there any compatible decks from other brands or JD models that will fit this particular mower without any modification? I've searched and can't seem to find any information regarding this either.

Thanks for your time

Jtw943

Forum Newbie
Threads

While I appreciate the response, I have already searched Google. I have also seen the link that you've provided. I am not quite interested in spending that much money on a deck... this mower is more or less a project/backup mower.

My question isn't necessarily about finding a used deck... I'm mostly wondering if there are any others that are compatible. I can't seem to find any links related to this question.

Thanks for your time

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The 100 series JD's are designed almost identical to the AYP tractors ( Husqvarna, poulan, craftsaman, mcculloch, roper, racer and about 1,000,000 store brands )
Prior to being corrected by a poster here I would have bet my testicles that they were actually made by AYP.
The only design difference is the deck.
You can mount any AYP deck onto your mower if you are preparred to do some welding and can find a deceased deck to donate the mountings.
Once fitted you may have to play with the belt length if you have a manual PTO engagement.

When the member posted the photos of the JD factory production line, there was also a black mower being made but decals were yet to be fitted .

Apart from that there will be no drop in alternative decks.
One of the downside of JD making substantially better mowers is the tractors outlive the decks by a very long way so there is a shortage of good used decks.