Time for my new Zero Turn: Exmark or Ferris

cruzenmike

Threads
Good Morning,

I just sold my 2006 Lazer Z CT for what I thought was a very good price with the intent on purchasing a new machine. My wife and I have been on the fence about getting a Kubota BX 23S with a MMM to be our do-all machine but I am leaning more towards a new ZTR as I do not want to lose the productivity and cut quality. I will likely still get the BX or a similar subcompact FEL/BH machine for the yard down the road, so for now it is all about cutting grass. I have narrowed it down to he following two machines: Exmark Radius X 52" (RAX691GKA524A3) or the Ferris F160Z 52" (5901519).

Here are some Pros and Cons for each:

Exmark
Pros - Excellent cut quality, Kawasaki FX engine, compact design, good seat, wide front tires, better hour meter/service minder, better residual/resale value
Cons - Expensive for what it is, narrower back tires, only has 3400 hydros

Ferris
Pros - Vanguard EFI (4 more HP), cast iron greaseable spindles, good seat, heavy build, wider rear tires, 4400 hydros
Cons - Possibly a cut quality not as good as the Exmark, not as compact for tight spaces

All other things considered, I have dealers for both within 3 miles and the warranties are similar enough to make no difference in that regard.

What I am looking for is some feedback on the Ferris fleet series in particular and anyone with a Radius X that may have also used an older Lazer with the Tri-Vantage and what their experiences are with both.

Thank you.

Mike