Mower deck Husqvarna LT151 mower deck change fron side to rear...

Stevedabeard

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna LT151 mower deck change fron side to rear...
I have a Husqvarna LT151 mower which is currently side discharge (In fact it discharges everywhere as its so rusty! :laughing: )

Is there a straight swap for a rear discharge deck from a different model? If so, what part number should I seek out please? If there is a replacement rear discharge deck, are the bearing assemblies the same?

My mower details are;
Electrolux Model:960110001
PNC:954170240
Catalogue No.:LT151

Thanks in advance for any constructive help :)

Stevedabeard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like theres no knowledgeable guys on here who have had experience of the Husqvarna LT151 (available 2005ish, belt drive wheels and deck)?

Does anyone know what was the model that has rear discharge around the same date please?

I'm basically wondering if I can fit the rear discharge deck on my side discharge mower (perhaps with some fettling and welding if necessary). But knowing the model number of the rear discharge model would help to first start comparing images of the decks.

Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know about your exact model but most rear discharge mowers have a tunnel in the body for the discharge chute which has to pass above the tranny.
So I doubt that you will be able to do what you want to with this mower.

Murray made a fairly good rear discharge although they would be getting long in the tooth.
I think the rear discharge Huskies are the CTH series.

Stevedabeard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't know about your exact model but most rear discharge mowers have a tunnel in the body for the discharge chute which has to pass above the tranny.
So I doubt that you will be able to do what you want to with this mower.

Murray made a fairly good rear discharge although they would be getting long in the tooth.
I think the rear discharge Huskies are the CTH series.

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the very helpful reply.

Having now looked at the decks for the CTH series, I can see the discharge comes out of the top of the deck, which would be a non starter on my LT series.

I think my best route forward is to get a new LT deck, modify for rear exit and have it galvanised.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your mower has a gravity tank behind the dash it can work if you shift the battery side on.
Otherwise there is not enough space to make a discharge chute under the seat.
You could simply cut the rear skirt off but you might find it makes a right royal mess.
What might work is turning around a deck backwards, blocking the discharge then cutting a new discharge in the middle of the back.
You will also need to make the right blade rotate counter clockwise.
The easiest way to do this is to use a double A belt and cross it over itself.
If you go this way you will need a deep flanged idler to prevent the belt rubbing when it crosses over itself.
The std 3 & 4 lug Husqvarna spindle assembles come is several shaft lengths and 2 housing sizes so you can get the pulleys running at different heights.
Also the tensioning idler will need to be taller with deep flanges as well

Stevedabeard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Bert,

I've had a good look at my mower with your suggestions in mind. To be honest, its a lot of work changing everything around and a lot of chopping and welding of the chassis/frame, so will stick to modifying the standard mower deck by blocking the original discharge on the side and cut away the back f the deck for discharge between the rear wheels, then get it galvanised.

Thanks again for your input :)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Make sure you modify the belt run to make the right blade to spin counter clockwise.
If not the deck will continually choke and the rear left wheel will be burried in clippings.
You might want to look at fabricating some sort of guard to go under the tranny to prevent it being covered with clippings & debris
5 gallon plastic tubs make good shields once opened out.