Buying spartan which one.

Threads
So I’m either buying a srt-hd with upgraded sat or an rt-hd with upgraded seat.
Any of you that might have a spartan any recommendations or help with after the purchase. As in tips tricks and so forth?

rhythim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a 61" SRT-HD/26hp Vanguard 3 weeks ago and have put about 7 hours on it. Cut my 5.5 acres twice and my mom's 1 acre 3 times. Plenty of power. I needed to adjust the rake of the deck a bit because it came out of the crate dead level. Mowed one time with the stock discharge chute and ordered the quick chute. Made my own deck height pedal extension out of some flat steel I had in the shop instead of buying the $30 accessory one. Stock pedal height had my knee hitting the right control bar when I put my foot on it to adjust. Aside from that, haven't found anything I don't like, but haven't got it broken in yet, either. Mine has the stock SRT seat, which is fine for me, but am told the $500 suspension seat is very good, if you want to cough up the coin. My yard is still rough pasture grass (building the house on it now), but it cuts/stripes fine for the crap grass it has to deal with.