Repairs MTD automatic PTO won't engage and runs.. slow.

DerekEdwards

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, so I bought an MTD Yard Man 13AO785T055 select series automatic. I replaced both drive belts and the deck belt. It runs and drives but despite the PTO lever having tension, the blades will not engage. Placing the mower in reverse does however shut off the mower as if they were engaged. Also, the gas pedal has no effect on the speed of the mower. I'd estimate around it runs about 3mph and never changes.

I'm assuming I should have checked the spindles but they all seemed to spin freely. I hate to keep asking these questions but I'm new to the mower and only bought it as my old Kubota 7200 was stolen last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and God bless!yard-man-order-yard-man-lawn-tractor-parts-yard-management-software-free-download.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will need to look at the pivot arm on the deck that the pto engagement cable attaches to make sure it moves freely and isn't bound up. Also for the drive speed, you will need to check the double stack pulley near the tranny to make sure the center piece between the belts moves freely.