HUSQVARNA 6021P LAWN MOWER W/149 CC XT650 KOHLER ENGINE...STUMBLES IN ROUGH TERRAIN

prcummings

Threads
  • / HUSQVARNA 6021P LAWN MOWER W/149 CC XT650 KOHLER ENGINE...STUMBLES IN ROUGH TERRAIN
Anyone know what could this, after it runs for a while when I start going over bumpy parts of the lawn the engine will stumble and miss and there is a little black smoke out the exhaust, then clears up. This just started last year and never did anything to fix it. It seems like a fuel issue but I don't know what to for first. This is even with a near full tank of gas. Could the inlet be clogged a little bit causing it to not get as much fuel as needed?
I do have an issue with the fuel cap not sealing causing the fuel to drip out when fuel, I may need a new cap of oring under cap.
Any help is appreciated.

paul

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / HUSQVARNA 6021P LAWN MOWER W/149 CC XT650 KOHLER ENGINE...STUMBLES IN ROUGH TERRAIN
Sounds like float level in carb too high. Too much fuel in carb bowl, and when going over rough terrain fuel sloshes into the bowl vent and gets drawn into the intake similar to choking the engine which would be the cause of the black smoke.

prcummings

Threads
Thanks, is it easily accessible to get to the float so I can check it out?

paul