Repairs Trimmer won't start (first steps to take)

Strongbad42

Forum Newbie
Threads
For starters, I am a novice at best when it comes to small engines, but I am trying to learn and do my own repairs.

I just got a John Deere 260g for dirt cheap at an auction. The seller said it worked last year, but, of course it doesn't work now. When I give it a pull, it sounds like it's going to start, and just doesn't. It's like it just needs one little push, and it will start. It doesn't have a primer bulb, which I find really odd. There are two lines coming out of the gas tank. One goes into the carburetor, and the other is just a short line that has a clamp and a cap. The spark plug looks good, no cracks, and doesn't need any cleaning. Air filter is clean. I can post some pictures if need be.

Just wondering what the first steps are to trying to solve this. It seems like it really wants to start, so I'm hoping that it'll be a nice easy fix.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try holding throttle all the way in, choke off, and pull cord rapidly. Sometimes that's all it takes.

P.S. - New spark plug wouldn't hurt. And are you sure the primer isn't hidden on the bottom of the carb?