smoking like crazy

451johnny

Threads
hi everybody..I have a Kubota B-7001 that's smoking like crazy so much so that the muffler caught on fire but I was able to blow it out ..the smoke was white but then it got dark and that when the muffler caught fire..is this machine junk now ..?? is it expensive to repair..?? anybody know how much..?? thanks in advance ..johnny

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this Kubota a diesel? how many hours? White smoke is unburned diesel fuel, probably due to a bad injector. Not a cheap fix but in the overal scheme of things, not all that bad, either. Often, people replace all the injectors at one time.

451johnny

Threads
yes it's diesel and I'm not sure about the hours..but you're the second person that mention the injectors..do you have any idea what something like that will cost me ..?? johnny

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amazon has Kubota diesel injectors for less than $50. I WOULD NOT BUY THEM. They're probably cheap Chinese junk.

Talk to a Kubota dealer and get a price from them. At least then you'd be fairly sure you're getting OEM parts.

Another option is to take yours to a reputable diesel shop and get them rebuilt.

451johnny

Threads
Amazon has Kubota diesel injectors for less than $50. I WOULD NOT BUY THEM. They're probably cheap Chinese junk.

Talk to a Kubota dealer and get a price from them. At least then you'd be fairly sure you're getting OEM parts.

Another option is to take yours to a reputable diesel shop and get them rebuilt.

I couldn't find a good diesel Mechanic anywhere near me so I ended up making an appointment at a Kubota dealer to drop off the tractor..now i'm worried at what they are going to charge me but then again I need it to pull my bush hog ..the grass has to be cut...thanks johnny

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's probably just as well.

Replacing injectors is not as simple as it looks.

451johnny

Threads
thanks ...and that's why I'm taking it to the dealer...johnny