Cub Cadet 2166 no fuel to carburetor.

Tannersnoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Easiest way to check the coil is to fit a pair of red spark testers to the plugs then go mow.
When the engine refuses to start have a look at the testers.
If they are flashing the coils are good/
A couple of customers who are into show cars ended up fitting flashing plug caps which of course do the same thing.

ALthough my first thoughts would be heat expanding the pump housing just enough to prevent the pump working properly.
You might be able to fit a rubbing block on the end of the pump lever rather than bending it more.

What’s the red spark tester? It’s a single cylinder so by plug it connects in line and lights up if there’s spark? Or? Thx.

Tannersnoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
What’s the red spark tester? It’s a single cylinder so by plug it connects in line and lights up if there’s spark? Or? Thx.

I found them. I may put a flashing cap on my snowblower. I have an in-line lisle spark tester that I can hook on if I change the end to straight.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Orergon, Stens, Rotary & Prime line all sell an in line spark tester with a red nenon tube so it flashes red when voltage runs down to the plug.
All the other ones use a tungsted element that flashes white which you can not see except in the dark.
A while back Boo listed the cheapest supplier so if you search Oregon spark tester it should come up.
About $ 20 on Amazon from memory
A very handy tool that you will use time & time again.

I was sure the 21's ran a kohler V twin which is why I said 2 testers.

Tannersnoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Orergon, Stens, Rotary & Prime line all sell an in line spark tester with a red nenon tube so it flashes red when voltage runs down to the plug.
All the other ones use a tungsted element that flashes white which you can not see except in the dark.
A while back Boo listed the cheapest supplier so if you search Oregon spark tester it should come up.
About $ 20 on Amazon from memory
A very handy tool that you will use time & time again.

I was sure the 21's ran a kohler V twin which is why I said 2 testers.

It’s a single 16 hp CH16. And problem is solved with new pump with slightly modified actuator. Also noticed the 90 degree elbow fuel line that connects fuel line to carb was slightly kinked. I ordered a new elbow fuel line and in the meantime used a fuel hose clamp to keep the existing elbow from kinking. Runs great!