HONDA HRR216K10VLAA left wheel wont roll backwards

xsailor8

Forum Newbie
Threads
bought this online new. from the start both rear wheels would not roll backward. Took wheels, bearings and related parts and off lubed shaft and parts with red grease. Right rear wheel now rolls backward but left will not roll backwards. Defective part? Did this mower also have the "bushing" problem? Also noticed that this mower retains water if you wash it. The wheels were full of moisture and the underside of the deck trapped alot of water. I'm thinking that this is a mower that shouldn't be washed with a hose. Wont buy a honda again.

trekgod3

Threads
Should have saved up and spent a little more on an HRX model. I believe only the HRR models have the rear wheel issues. My 2019 HRX is amazing

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Water & mowers are not a good mix. Premature failure to bearings, bushings, anything metal & especially tractors, ztrs, etc. & electrical systems, susceptible to rust & corrosion. Use a leaf blower & wipe down with rags sprayed down with simple green.

xsailor8

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / HONDA HRR216K10VLAA left wheel wont roll backwards
Should have saved up and spent a little more on an HRX model. I believe only the HRR models have the rear wheel issues. My 2019 HRX is amazing

so i wonder if you could put hrx wheels, bearing, bushings etc. on an hrr?

xsailor8

Forum Newbie
Threads
now the latest....left wheel still wont roll backward but now the right wheel will not spin forward when engaging dumb *** drive. However the left wheel spins crazy out of control with just a touch of the dumb drive... i'm ready to give it up since this mower has been a problem out of the box a year and a half ago. dealership originally told me this mower was not covered by the warranty for the rear wheel problems.

xsailor8

Forum Newbie
Threads
well the mower is now at the honda dealership. Dealer said they never saw a mower do what this one is doing...lets see if Honda stands behind their two year warranty...I'm betting no...

Roymg

Threads
now the latest....left wheel still wont roll backward but now the right wheel will not spin forward when engaging dumb *** drive. However the left wheel spins crazy out of control with just a touch of the dumb drive... i'm ready to give it up since this mower has been a problem out of the box a year and a half ago. dealership originally told me this mower was not covered by the warranty for the rear wheel problems.

Ck your pinion gear orientation with the key on the wheel that wont roll. I think one wheel assembly for this gear is opposite the other wheel.