Need help deciding between Husky MTZ 52" and Gravely ZT HD 52"

Mike Oostendorp

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need help deciding between Husky MTZ 52" and Gravely ZT HD 52"
I am having trouble deciding between these two. I will be mowing approximately 3 acres, some with slight slope to lake. Both dealers seem to have good reps maybe giving the Husky a slight advantage and a few miles closer. Seems like the MTZ has a little heavier duty components (engine choices, spindles, 3400 drives, ROPS) but it seems like everyone hypes the Gravely reputation and durability. It seems like to me that everyone that chimes in about the MZT has been happy with them where the ZT HD's have had some issues with deck vibrations and throwing belts. I have to admit that I do favor the looks of the Gravely more but I know that shouldn't be a large deciding factor. The husky dealer is offering the 52" MTZ with the Kohler Confidant ($500 more for the FS Kawasaki) for $5200 and a trimmer and blower included. The Gravely dealer is at $5300 for the ZT HD with the FR Kawasaki. I appreciate any insight.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
A friend's Gravely ZT HD 52 has been in the shop since November with the deck vibration problem.

At least they gave him a loaner, with the next size bigger deck. It doesn't have the vibration problem.

If you compare the deck belt arrangement on both, you'll see the Husky is simpler, having only one belt.

tbzep

Threads
For the record, I have a ZT HD 52 with no issues as of yet.