Troy Bilt / Briggs Pressure Washer 2200 - Need Help

CoastalJack

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got Troy Bilt / Briggs Pressure Washer Model 2200 with 4 .5 hp Briggs engine.
My pump has gone bad. It looks like my original pump is no longer available . Can anyone recommend a replacement that will bolt right up ?
I think the original pump number is 197300gs.

primerbulb120

Threads
Most vertical shaft pumps will bolt right up as long as the shaft diameter is the same. If it were my pressure washer, I'd grab one of the many $70 2700PSI pumps on Ebay, and then adjust the unloader to decrease pressure to a point where your engine can handle it (that engine isn't big enough to pump 2700 PSI.)

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The pump number that you give supercedes to another pump which supercedes to two different pumps depending what direction the connectors face forward or rearward.

Give us the model number of the pressure washer so we can see what pump and options are available.

Also you said the pump went bad, what actually happened because you may be able to repair that pump.

CoastalJack

Forum Newbie
Threads
The pump number that you give supercedes to another pump which supercedes to two different pumps depending what direction the connectors face forward or rearward.

Give us the model number of the pressure washer so we can see what pump and options are available.

Also you said the pump went bad, what actually happened because you may be able to repair that pump.

Yes - I should have included the model #, so here it is: Model #020245-2, 2200 psi max, 2.2 gpm max, 4.5 hp Briggs and Stratton engine.

Here is what happened : It was running with good pressure when the nozzle became clogged. I shut everything off to clean the nozzle. When I re-stated it, there was no pressure at all.

Thanks in advance ILEngine for any help you may have.

Jack

Romore

Threads
Eitheer the nozzle is still clogged or the unloader is stuck in the open postion. The pump is serviceable, the unloader repair kit is part number 190628GS.

CoastalJack

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy Bilt / Briggs Pressure Washer 2200 - Need Help
Eitheer the nozzle is still clogged or the unloader is stuck in the open postion. The pump is serviceable, the unloader repair kit is part number 190628GS.

Thanks Romore - I took the uploader apart yesterday, and cleaned it. It was not clogged or stuck, but the cleaning job did the trick.
Everything works fine for now, but a new uploader may be needed later on.

Thanks for your reply
Jack