can not get this LB #6431 close to wanting to start

yabadabadoo1026

Forum Newbie
Threads
20190428_193408.jpgeven with starter fluid into carb or gas in the plug hole---------at best 1 turn over. It started and ran pretty good 7 or 8 years ago when I replaced it with a self-propelled LB to not have used since.

Opened up the carb and it looks pretty good, still cleaned it with carb cleaner and made sure all holes/ports open. Bowl gasket looked "iffy" but put some gasket seal on outside of bowl just in case ( still a iffy gasket wouldn't thing would prevent starting just make it run bad). Did not replace the needle/seet cause it looked good.

I am getting spark so would like to think that means the coil is good, right?

I know 0 bout electrical but have a suspicion. Previous owner deactivated the safety throttle kill and rigged a toggle switch kill he mounted to the housing over the flywheel . In the course of me removing the housing at some point previous I never reattached the 2 wires from the toggle-----------------can only assume they go to the coil as I see 2 tabs on it. Don't know if it makes a difference which wire goes to which tab. I tried attaching then both ways and could still get no start with the toggle in either position. DOES THE COIL NEED TO BE GROUNDED FOR IT TO START OR IS GROUND WIRE JUST NECESSARY TO KILL IT VIA THE TOGGLE SWITCH. Again I am getting spark with the plug out and close to block with no wires attached to those tabs on the coil

Any thoughts guys, with carb looking good and getting spark any reason I can barely get it to turn over even 1 revolution with starter fluid.

jp1961

Threads
I'd suspect bad crankcase seals and low compression.

Jeff