Husqvarna yta24v48 transmission variator

paul63640

Forum Newbie
Threads
My tractor keeps moving forward and won't stop unless you push the brake pedal. The variator is dirty ontop the transmission and I am looking for a easier way to get to it. The gas tank is in the way. can you remove the rear 4 bolts and just lift up on the rear fenders to remove the tank?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My tractor keeps moving forward and won't stop unless you push the brake pedal. The variator is dirty ontop the transmission and I am looking for a easier way to get to it. The gas tank is in the way. can you remove the rear 4 bolts and just lift up on the rear fenders to remove the tank?

If only you could.
The rear fender is held in by those bolts and 4 or 6 more under the drivers turret.
Usually you can remove the battery & battery housing then loosen off the front bolts & remove the rear ones.
That will allow the rear guard to be raised just high enough to wiggle the tank out.
It is a lot easier to remove the transmission.
On some mowers you will also have to remove the steering gear on the bottom of the steering shaft to get enough lift.
Failing to get clearance from the turret and lifting the rear guard will cause it to crease under the foot board rubbers.

MowManMow

Threads
If only you could.
The rear fender is held in by those bolts and 4 or 6 more under the drivers turret.
Usually you can remove the battery & battery housing then loosen off the front bolts & remove the rear ones.
That will allow the rear guard to be raised just high enough to wiggle the tank out.
It is a lot easier to remove the transmission.
On some mowers you will also have to remove the steering gear on the bottom of the steering shaft to get enough lift.
Failing to get clearance from the turret and lifting the rear guard will cause it to crease under the foot board rubbers.

True!!
Most ignorant design AYP ever made in a lawnmower was making it where half the unit has to be disassembled to remove the tank or make adjustments. The other ignorant thing was to build them so the pedal hits the floor and body under the turret while going forward. I removed my battery, cut a notch out under turret area on lower front of floor board where the pedal hits it. Then' notched a little more under the reverse pedal to open the slot up more to stop the reverse pedal/floor contact from bottom when forward is maxed. So' a 15 minute repair allows my ground speed to greatly improve but clearly AYP just slapped these together without any care for future repairs or its operation. Ridiculous and big :thumbdown: to AYP Designers...