TVXL220 ENGINE 10 HP GOVERNOR OSCILLATES

prcummings

Threads
I just got the carb cleaned out and back on and my first issue is I'm not sure the gov rod is in the correct hole, I was going to take a pic and forgot before disassembly. The reason why I ask is the engine runs, won't idle smooth but it hunts. So thought that might be the problem or its still a carb problem. It won't idle at low rpm, it will hunt and then eventually stall. No black smoke coming out the exhaust. Any ideas on what to check or adjust next? Thank you folks.

paul

Romore

Threads
Hold your finger on the throttle shaft, if it smooths out the governor is too sensitive. If it stumbles and stalls the carburetor is causing the problem. It could also be an intake air leak.

prcummings

Threads
Thanks romoe, I will look at that. If it's too sensitive then would I move the position to a different hole on the top plate?
Paul

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have a blockage in the carb.

prcummings

Threads
Could it be possible it is something with the float adjustment? I thought I checked all the passages with air. Thanks fish.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take the bottom bowl nut/jet out again, and inspect it closelyLook at all of the tiny holes and make sure that they are clear, also the "tower" that the nut/jet threads into, look up and clear those passages again.