Need help with A/C 716H wiring

wdenis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to the forum,
I have an Allis 716H in very good shape along with the mower, snowblower and tiller. When I got it there was a problem with the electrical and after checking the ignition switch (which has no letters on the pins) determined that it needed replacing. As everyone knows while these switches look the same on the outside 5 pins they may be very different inside.
I could go on here but I strongly suspect this switch is different than the one I replaced and when I try to start the engine returning the switch to "run" the engine dies. I need an actual A/C 716H wiring schematic because the Simplicity 7016 which is supposed to be the same appears to be very different. So as I said, if anyone has a schematis for the A/C 716H I could really use the help.
Thanks, Wayne, Alberta, Canada

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the number of the unit, located on the frame. That way I can tell whether the A/C and simplicity are comparable.

wdenis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please post the number of the unit, located on the frame. That way I can tell whether the A/C and simplicity are comparable.

First I want to thank you for all your trouble.
The number I found is the one right at the front edge of the seat and it is 1690014 then there was a space and the number 002194.
Wayne

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, the Simplicity and Agro Allis should use the same basic wiring.

wdenis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, the Simplicity and Agro Allis should use the same basic wiring.

I will look at the PDF I have for the Allis 716H that I found online and on page 31 it shows a schematic for that unit but I had no luck making it work for what I have. I wired my Allis the way it shows but nothing worked. I will have to try again. I'm just wondering if the "new" ignition switch is faulty because as I said in my first post the engine starts ok but when the key is released to "run" it dies. I even jump wired all three safety switches just to make sure they wern't the problem. I was able to download the PDF I mentioned and maybe you could have a look on page 31? What do you think?

Attachments

• Owner's Manual 716H.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things. One are the terminals on the back of each switch labeled the same. Second, you need to trace the wires from the switch to the appropriate components. I am confused by the G terminal going to the points and the M terminal going to ground. If I started to pull the little hair I have out, I would try to reverse these two wires and see what happens.

wdenis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Two things. One are the terminals on the back of each switch labeled the same. Second, you need to trace the wires from the switch to the appropriate components. I am confused by the G terminal going to the points and the M terminal going to ground. If I started to pull the little hair I have out, I would try to reverse these two wires and see what happens.

You have been looking over my shoulder, lol. The switch I have is a "typical" five prong listed as G-L-M-S-B. Because the "G" is ground and the switch is grounded through the frame there is no wire attached there and yes I have continuity, checked with a meter. Also as you stated I too am confused by the G terminal going to the points and the M terminal going to ground??? Since our last posts I was just thinking of dumping the keyed switch idea and installing a toggled kill switch and a simple push button starter. I know to all the purists out there they would have a stroke at the suggestion because its not original but the goal is to get this thing running and I am a firm believer in the "KISS" rule if you know what I mean.