Can T box be installed backward?

BobM53

Threads
I have an XT3300 Extreme that I bought without an engine. I bought the engine and assorted parts and planned on putting it all together myself......Well time has gotten away from me again and I wimped out and took the mower/parts to a local shop. They got the engine installed OK, BUT they now say the T box was installed backward and causes the pumps to not build pressure. Is this even possible, or am I being taken for an expensive ride?:frown:

RCountry2

Threads
I have an XT3300 Extreme that I bought without an engine. I bought the engine and assorted parts and planned on putting it all together myself......Well time has gotten away from me again and I wimped out and took the mower/parts to a local shop. They got the engine installed OK, BUT they now say the T box was installed backward and causes the pumps to not build pressure. Is this even possible, or am I being taken for an expensive ride?:frown:

don't know about yours personally... but do know that if the gear is on wrong side it wont spin the pump.

BobM53

Threads
Update: Evidently it can! They swapped it around and it works fine. We even mowed everything with it. Not only does it work, but that thing is FAST! Makes our old Dixie seem slow (And we were/are happy with the old one!).
I'm glad I took it to them. If I had put the engine on and it didn't move, I don't know how long and how much money I would have had to spend before I figured it out! Knowledge/experience is worth loads sometimes!