older kaw fc420v motor?

ignantmike

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello...this motor is mounted on a bunton 48 walk behind non-hydro...changed the oil and filter...fuel filter...and spark plug...gapped to 029...run's strong when started...fresh fuel...but, if it sit's for a week between start's....I have to pull this thing a lot to get going?....fuel is flowing good to carb.....even if a try starting fluid....it does not pop?....I pull..and pull......and pull....between choke and no choke....and eventually it start's to smoke out of the muffler....and the smell of fuel start's....rest for a minute...and it start's?....I am at a loss....is it not sucking fuel in?...not sure.....thank's for any help

c5vettster

Threads
hello...this motor is mounted on a bunton 48 walk behind non-hydro...changed the oil and filter...fuel filter...and spark plug...gapped to 029...run's strong when started...fresh fuel...but, if it sit's for a week between start's....I have to pull this thing a lot to get going?....fuel is flowing good to carb.....even if a try starting fluid....it does not pop?....I pull..and pull......and pull....between choke and no choke....and eventually it start's to smoke out of the muffler....and the smell of fuel start's....rest for a minute...and it start's?....I am at a loss....is it not sucking fuel in?...not sure.....thank's for any help

Check if there is spark. These engines are notorious for failing igniter circuit - a small device that seats on the side of the engine and gates the spark.

ignantmike

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check if there is spark. These engines are notorious for failing igniter circuit - a small device that seats on the side of the engine and gates the spark.

would you have a pic of this part?....tried looking for it on ereplacementsparts and could not find