Craftsman Mower Primer Bulb Hose

SpoolinV70

Threads
I just got this Craftsman lawn mower, and when I pressed the primer bulb to try and start it, it just sprayed fuel out of this barb on the side of the carburetor. I looked up parts diagrams, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the other end of this hose is supposed to go. It just says "carburetor to primer bulb" on the Sears Parts Direct diagram, but there is nowhere to put this hose on the air cleaner cover or the primer bulb (which is built into the cover).
See the barb in the second picture, the white one pointing to the right (rear of mower).

Any idea? The engine model is a Briggs & Stratton 09P602-0077-F1, and it's a Craftsman 247.374301.

IMG_6619.jpgIMG_6618.jpgIMG_6617.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Primer is that small hole to the right side of the carb throat. The large vent tube attaches to the air cleaner body, just above the primer. The white nipple is the float bowl vent, nothing attaches to it.

SpoolinV70

Threads
Primer is that small hole to the right side of the carb throat. The large vent tube attaches to the air cleaner body, just above the primer. The white nipple is the float bowl vent, nothing attaches to it.

I figured that top one was a vent of some sort. I'll look more closely at the air cleaner to see if I can find the barb for it. Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No barb on the large one, just slides on the back of the housing.

SpoolinV70

Threads
Just realized you’re referring to the crankcase vent hose. I mean the hose that goes here. It sprays fuel when I press the primer bulb, and the parts diagram shows a hose from the primer to the carburetor, but I have absolutely no idea where it goes.
I circled the barb in question.

https://imgur.com/a/4nbkHJR

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Even though the IPL shows a hose that goes from that barb to a primer, that system doesn't exist at this time. There is no hose or primer that is supposed to be connected to that barb on the carb. The primer located on the air filter housing pushes air into the hole next to the large carb entrance hole. The barb has to be present for the primer to work but nothing is connected to that barb.

Actually the same question came up around 2015 when this style engine with this carb kit the market. I think the barb is there and they list a part number for the hose for some future project that includes a remote primer, but as of right now doesn't exist.

SpoolinV70

Threads
Even though the IPL shows a hose that goes from that barb to a primer, that system doesn't exist at this time. There is no hose or primer that is supposed to be connected to that barb on the carb. The primer located on the air filter housing pushes air into the hole next to the large carb entrance hole. The barb has to be present for the primer to work but nothing is connected to that barb.

Actually the same question came up around 2015 when this style engine with this carb kit the market. I think the barb is there and they list a part number for the hose for some future project that includes a remote primer, but as of right now doesn't exist.

Gotcha, that makes sense now. I thought I was going nuts, I couldn't find anywhere for a hose to connect!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gotcha, that makes sense now. I thought I was going nuts, I couldn't find anywhere for a hose to connect!

The last time that question came up, we were having the same issues with trying to find the primer bulb that didn't exist.