New battery cables....where's ground?

BobM53

Threads
I have an XT 3300 Extreme Dixie Chopper that someone removed the old blown engine. I have all (Well MOST) of the parts and am trying to put them all together. I had PLANNED on having it running this afternoon but...... Somehow things didn't go as planned! ;-) I sometimes (almost always) forget how old and slooooow I am now. And then I find stupid stuff. Like: the PO had simply CUT the ground cable with something like a machete or sumpin! Nothing usable now. Looking at the power cable, I have just decided to replace both and be done with it. However, the ground cable on there now is as long as the power cable and the mangled end stops in the neighborhood of the engine. The replacement engine I have is a Generac 33 that came out of another Dixie. But I see no place on it where a ground cable was attached. Can somebody give me an idea where to attach this?
My old Dixie just has the ground go to the frame and it has worked for decades. So, do I need to attach the cable directly to the engine? And, if so, WHERE?
Any help will be appreciated.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd put it on a motor mounting bolt, clean the surfaces good. Give good contact to motor and frame there.

BobM53

Threads
I'd put it on a motor mounting bolt, clean the surfaces good. Give good contact to motor and frame there.

Makes sense. AND that MAY be where the old wire went. What gauge wire should I get?