Turfmaster split frame repair/replace advice

Threads
Hi folks hoping you steer me straight as I’ve done a right job and split the frame in half as per photos

Is it repairable or a replace the frame job?
Is it weldable... think aluminum but not sure

I’ve sent a part query to Uk shop who sorted me a couple months back for a part. But nervous it’ll be hard to source a new one and hard bought

Reason it happened as I’ve not been careful when tipping on side and bringing it back to ground... do entirely my own fault

Attachments

• 7CA81BF3-1462-4317-AC5C-62D21E439916.jpg
    7CA81BF3-1462-4317-AC5C-62D21E439916.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 4953AEB6-2D60-4D08-8B6F-262CD0BB66D9.jpg
    4953AEB6-2D60-4D08-8B6F-262CD0BB66D9.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 15

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tipping the mower will not cause a split like that.
Not familiar with that particular brand but I would pull the engine, make up a mounting plate, weld the crack together grind the underside flat mount the plate under the frame then bolt the engine on top so the frame is sandwiched between the engine & plate
If you make the plate big enough you can also bolt the frame to it either side of the crack front & back.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
@Bert - FYI, It's a Toro. The Timemaster and Turfmaster are 30 inch mowers, the Turfmaster being the commercial version. They're basically enlarged 20/21 inch-style machines.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
@Bert - FYI, It's a Toro. The Timemaster and Turfmaster are 30 inch mowers, the Turfmaster being the commercial version. They're basically enlarged 20/21 inch-style machines.

Thanks we don't get Turfmasters down here as far as I know
So it is a steel plate that needs to be welded & braced.

Threads
Tipping the mower will not cause a split like that.
Not familiar with that particular brand but I would pull the engine, make up a mounting plate, weld the crack together grind the underside flat mount the plate under the frame then bolt the engine on top so the frame is sandwiched between the engine & plate
If you make the plate big enough you can also bolt the frame to it either side of the crack front & back.

Well suppler has said part is about €100 which ain’t too bad but not sure on leaf time yet.

I find with this machine it’s not great in an Irish climate with long grass or wet. Tends to block easy so I adopted practice of tipping up each bag to clear it and prevent it bogging. Paying for it now!

Threads
Ok so parts ordered and should have it by next week.

Any tips for tearing down and rebuilding?
I am planning on draining oil and fuel before starting.
Otherwise I am treating this as a straight forward rebuild puzzle
So far I’ll have €223 spent on the frame and replacing damaged belts, incl timing belt.
Fingers crossed no further parts damaged

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take lots of pictures during disassembly, keep your hardware sorted and put it back on whatever part it goes to when possible. Good luck.

Threads
Taken me about 3hrs to get so far as to have the deck and engine off. Still have to take the transmission back wheels etc off. Have pics to show full extent of damage but can’t see where to attach

Threads
Any tips on restarting engine?
Finally got time to put mower back together at weekend

Was trying for a good while this evening and no joy starting it.
I think either fuel line air locked... as had completely drained
Or some oil managed to get where it shouldn't even though I had drained it until I reassembled
I did try removing spark plug and pulling recoil... but did not see any oil coming out

Any quick wins or is it a case of persistence with pulling recoil till it fires.

Threads
Still in bother. Going to buy some easi-start. Fingers crossed