Scag V-ride 52 inch w/Kawasaki FX730V Stalls.

degutemax

Threads
Hey guys, need some help if anyone out there can. I have a V-ride 52inch model SVR with a FX730V. Yes it is a older one but this thing still stripes and cuts good. when running. It starts find no problems, but after running for maybe 5 mins cutting it starts to spit and sputter and dies. Fuel filter does have fuel in it after checking. It will start after cranking for about 45 seconds and with the choke on. I have replaced the fuel pump with a OEM part. have replaced the fuel shut off solenoid, and I have replaced the float and needle. The float and needle is the last thing I replaced. After replacing the float and needle it ran great and cut half of 5 acres with it. Few days later it starts stalling again. So what am I missing here? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey guys, need some help if anyone out there can. I have a V-ride 52inch model SVR with a FX730V. Yes it is a older one but this thing still stripes and cuts good. when running. It starts find no problems, but after running for maybe 5 mins cutting it starts to spit and sputter and dies. Fuel filter does have fuel in it after checking. It will start after cranking for about 45 seconds and with the choke on. I have replaced the fuel pump with a OEM part. have replaced the fuel shut off solenoid, and I have replaced the float and needle. The float and needle is the last thing I replaced. After replacing the float and needle it ran great and cut half of 5 acres with it. Few days later it starts stalling again. So what am I missing here? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

replied to in the Scag Forum others please do the same to prevent confusion.

Hollywood

Forum Newbie
Threads
replied to in the Scag Forum others please do the same to prevent confusion.

First of all, this is a motor question, not a chassis question. Kawasaki is exactly the right place to post and reply. These engines are used on MANY brands of equipment. As it happens I think I’m having exactly the same problem but MY mower is a Bob-Cat.

Second, if you’re going to shoot the issue to another forum, either move the entire thread there as admin/mod, or at LEAST provide a link to the thread your referring to in your response.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When that response was posted , back in April by Degutemax he had posted the exact same problem in several sections.
To a casual user this is no problem, to daily users it is because it creates lots confusion and makes it difficult to provide the help that is requested.
Your point about a link is well taken & some thing that on the day was not considered so it will be in the future.
Like most regular users I search using the "New Posts" function the provide answers to posts in cronological order and the Scag one came up a lot earlier than the same post in the Kawasaki section.
There is only 1 forum, it is just split up into sub groups to make the archive easier to search by people like yourself.
To find the missing thread it you can either search Degutemax's posts by clicking on his name then clicking "view forum posts" from the pop down menu
Or using a more specific search like "FX730V".

Unfortunately Degutemax never came back to tell those who gave up their time & experience to come to his aid to let everyone know what the solution actually was, a situation that is very unfortunately the knorm.
About 5% come back with a "thank you this worked " post , an unfortunate sign of the times.

And not trying to be objectionable but from what he posted there was a 99.99% chance his problem was with the mower & not the engine.
About 3/4 of these problems are due to debris in the fuel system or a blocked tank vent, both of which are mower problems not engine problems.
The balance are electrical problems again usually because a bad ground or broken wire is causing the battery to run down so the carb solenoid shuts off the fuel to the main jet,
Of the electrical problems about 1/4 end up being in the alternator - regulator ( engine ) the rest are in the wiring ( chassis ).

If you would like the collective wisdom contained within the good people who inhabit this fine forum to specifically help you then start a new thread in whatever section you feel is appropriate .
However please only do it once.
If after a few days you find there have been no responces or at any time the thread goes dead then go to the smileys on the right side, hit the "more" link and select :anyone: .
This will bump your thread so people who follow use the "new posts" function ( most of the actual techs ) will see you are still waiting patiently for help

Luffydog

Threads
Check for a loose ground

Hollywood

Forum Newbie
Threads
Didn’t read the link provided yet, I’m out of town and just saw I got some replies. Thanks much for the link, and swell response on other issues. If they guy has posted the same question in multiple sections, yeah, that’s pretty lame and annoying. I can understand the frustration. Drives me up a wall when people repost the same ****.

As to motor/chassis, the issue at hand is definitely something that a random layman would think is a motor problem, thus that’s where they would post/search for a solution. As you agreed, providing a link to the right thread is very important. I’ve read some forums for tech help where the response is basically “use the search function, loser”. That’s totally inappropriate.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have nothing to do search my posts.
You will see the same thing posted time & time & time & time & time & time again.
So I can understand the "search for qwertyy " response but you are right, it is neither friendly towards the poster nor particularly informative unless a link is provided.