Bad Boy Parking Brake

10mm_

Threads
Hello,

I bought a Bad Boy MZ 54" last year, it's mostly been a great mower aside from both belt tensioner springs (drive wheels/pumps and blades) breaking in the first 5 hours of mowing. They must have been bad springs.

Later in the year the parking brake bracket broke, the teeth that engage this sprocket on the transmissions broke and the bracket moved such that the parking brake switch wasn't contacting the frame when you pulled the lever, I had to move the bracket and work the lever back and forth to get it to close that switch but usually it would work after a few tries.

Yesterday it wouldn't work at all (wouldn't start), I tried jumping the switch to bypass it which worked, the mower would start, but it still won't move. There's something else about that parking brake I can't figure out, as soon as you move the levers in the engine shuts off.

Can anyone shine some light on what I am missing? I'm not paying to fix the stupid broken parking brake I just want to bypass what I have to so that the mower will go.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like you have fooled it into thinking the parking brake is on to get it to start, but that causes it to cut out when you move the levers in. The brake switch is still your problem it appears...

10mm_

Threads
Sounds like you have fooled it into thinking the parking brake is on to get it to start, but that causes it to cut out when you move the levers in. The brake switch is still your problem it appears...

Ahhh that's IT! Damn I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't realize that the switch should only be closed for starting then opened again for moving lol.

Whoops!

So jumping the switch won't work I need to replace it. Thanks man!