345 blower issue

SuperDutyScaler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, new member here. So my dad has a I believe 2000 model year 345 garden tractor with 20hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine. It has the 48c deck that he was sold the add on side blower attachment. at the end of last year he called me and says the belt for the blower snapped, ok no problem so we head to the local dealer and buy a new belt. I install the new belt but now when you turn the handle that moves the deck lock (on the blower) its suppose to A) tighten the belt B) turns the lock bar
Well...his wont tighten the belt up any longer and its lost all tension? I've tried looking online for a installment procedure or a video on YouTube with no luck. My dealer (same one he bought it from) was ZERO help, all they did was print me out the same diagram that the booklet we have showed us. I can head to his house today and get the model and some pictures if that would help everyone

Thanks in advance!
Mike

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Put the photos up & we will see if there is something that looks amiss.
Other than that get some rope of the same diameter as the belt and run it around the pulleys.
Measure this against the belt supplied.

Remember this is a free public forum .
People usually only come here when they have a problem and leave the instant it is fixed.
Thus you are gambleing upon a person who has one the same mowers, about 0.05% of the mower owners.
Then you want some one with the same bagger so that could be .01% of the owners.
Then you need them to be on this forum , about 1% of the above.
So you are getting into lottery winning sorts of odds.

OTOH all of the baggers are essentially the same so we can look at it and see if there is a problem.
This is what techs do all day every day as we rarely get the very same problem on the very same mower every day.