Honda hrr216vka vs hrr2110vka

finkema

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought I was buying the 216VKA, the reviews indicate it was a great mower. When the mower arrived it was the 2110VKA. In looking at the website at the specs there are some difference between the 2: oil capacity, weight, cutting height, assembled depth height and weight. The model numbers are not even close and I'm wondering if I got a different lawn mower then what I was expecting. I was sold on the review. I noticed that when mulching, it seems like just inside the right wheel it seems to "miss" cutting the grass and when I make my turn onto the next row I have to narrow the row to ensure the "missed" part gets cut. The bottom line is did I get a mower as good at the 216vka?

cruzenmike

Threads
I thought I was buying the 216VKA, the reviews indicate it was a great mower. When the mower arrived it was the 2110VKA. In looking at the website at the specs there are some difference between the 2: oil capacity, weight, cutting height, assembled depth height and weight. The model numbers are not even close and I'm wondering if I got a different lawn mower then what I was expecting. I was sold on the review. I noticed that when mulching, it seems like just inside the right wheel it seems to "miss" cutting the grass and when I make my turn onto the next row I have to narrow the row to ensure the "missed" part gets cut. The bottom line is did I get a mower as good at the 216vka?

I am not sure where you are seeing his information that states that the two models are different but Honda's website shows HRR2110VKA as the carton number for your model. You may verify your model number on the actual machine, which I believe is somewhere behind the engine on the deck near where he bagger attaches. I have included a screenshot of the website. As for mower, you will typically have a 10% overlap while cutting anyway. Is this issue the same while rear discharging and bagging?

Screenshot_20190418-101236.png

finkema

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Cruzenmike for your reply. I looked at the specs between the 2 (see attached images). Wouldn't the engines have to be different to have 2 different oil capacities? In terms of "missed" grass, it didn't happen when i was bagging it. Though I will say that when i mulched it the first time the grass was higher and may have been a little damp from the rain the day before the deck was on its highest setting. When I bagged it, i was going over the lawn a second time to pick up the clumps of grass and dropped the deck down 1 notch so it may not be an ideal comparison. I'll have to see what happens the next time i cut.

primerbulb120

Threads
Honda did a major redesign of the HRR and HRX model lineups recently, my best guess is that the model number difference has something to do with this.

cruzenmike

Threads
Thanks Cruzenmike for your reply. I looked at the specs between the 2 (see attached images). Wouldn't the engines have to be different to have 2 different oil capacities? In terms of "missed" grass, it didn't happen when i was bagging it. Though I will say that when i mulched it the first time the grass was higher and may have been a little damp from the rain the day before the deck was on its highest setting. When I bagged it, i was going over the lawn a second time to pick up the clumps of grass and dropped the deck down 1 notch so it may not be an ideal comparison. I'll have to see what happens the next time i cut.

I do not see an attached image, but the model and serial number identification should look like the image that I attached. As you can see from the example, the model for the HRR should follow 216 and then a version, in this case it is K10. I will start off by saying that when it comes to mulching, you absolutely need the ideal conditions for a clean cut with no signs of clippings. Even the slightest bit of dampness or cutting off too much affect cut quality significantly. I certainly wouldn't be concerned if while bagging or rear discharging you didn't see the issue. If you think about this on the most basic level, mulching is the blade cutting and picking up any blades of grass taller than the bottom edge of the blade and in any given pass, as whatever ground speed, it has to move around all of the cut grass in the small volume of air beneath the deck. If the grass is too tall, there are too many clippings to effectively move the clippings around. If the grass is damp, the mass of the clippings are too much for the blades (and air) to move around and drop back down into the turf.

HRR Serial.jpg