Snapper Right side hydro not working right.

Threads
Hey all,

I'm going to walk you through the whole process so please be patient it could go a little long. So I bought a non running Snapper 52" walk behind a few weeks back and to get it off the trailer I tried to put it in free wheel position but the levers had no resistance and didn't change anything in either position so I gave up on it and used my forks then a week or so later I got it running and both hydros worked flawlessly with no issues. A week later I jacked it up to change a tire and once new tire was installed fired her up and one hydro only went in reverse...no sounds just very little power in forward but normal in reverse. It did do pretty good when I jacked it up and ran it in the air but on te ground hardly any power. So anyway I decided to take it apart and take a look but everything seemed perfect although I've never taken one apart before so I could have missed something but to me nothing seemed amiss. Upon reassembly and testing it did nothing though! oil level was full (I think) two things I noticed were the free wheel neutral lever had more resistance more like what I'd expect and the wheel seemed like maybe it was stuck in free wheel it moved pretty easy by hand so I tore it all apart again and tried to mess with the free wheel neutral stuff and got it back to how it was when I first bought it, no resistance in the lever but the wheel seemed to still be in freewheel. I don't know much about hydros and this has me stumped! I hope that wasn't too long but I didn't want to leave out any details! Belt and pulley are good and the brake is not stuck.
Any help is much appreciated!

Also if any one has one for sale like what I have I'd be intrested! ;)
Screenshot_2019-04-17-20-49-05.png

Luffydog

Threads
On the bottom of the transaxle there is a plate with two bolts that is a directional plate did you remove that? Also if it has a filter make sure the filter is full of the fluid it calls for should be 20w-50 make sure all the air is removed. Make short strokes back and forth then long and repeat if needed. Inside the transaxles is a piston and cyclinder block which I sure you seen. They get worn and become stuck as it comes around and down on that slanted piece of metal Inside. When the pistons hit the close or almost closed position that is when it creates pressure and at that point power to move either forward or backward. Check that plate on the bottom of the trans if you removed it take it back off and turn it 180 and try to start and see if you have go power.

Threads
I did remove it and did not think it mattered which direction. I'll check that and let you know. Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have not pulled down that particular unit but on the few I have the valve plates ( the bit with the holes & slots ) were identical & could be interchanged between the pump & the motor.
So if it got put in backwards the motor works as a pump & visa versa.

Threads
Thanks for the help guys!! It turned out to be the plate on the bottom and I turned it around and it works perfect in forward and reverse. Thank you for your help, I am very grateful!