Missing piece in primer/carb assembly

grassDecapitator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, first timer here :)

I have a B&S 09p602-0077-f1 that wouldn't start due to the primer having no resistance when i pressed it.. I took apart the carburetor assembly and noticed that the white plug/connector thing that is circled in the photo is missing..

carb.jpg

Its just a hole on mine.. I plugged it temporarily with a piece of cork and primer now works and mower starts like new. Can someone tell me what the part that is missing is? Is it just a plug? Thanks!!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The part is not seperately listed in the parts list. It appears you would have to by a whole new carb just to get that piece. It might be some sort of breather vent. Not sure., the way it is stepped like that, it looks like a hose would go on it.

grassDecapitator

Forum Newbie
Threads
The part is not seperately listed in the parts list. It appears you would have to by a whole new carb just to get that piece. It might be some sort of breather vent. Not sure., the way it is stepped like that, it looks like a hose would go on it.

Thanks for the reply! I think you are right about it being a breather vent. Looking at photos it doesn't appear that anything connects to it. We will see how long my cork plug holds up before buying a whole new carb haha.

kwgerloff

Threads
Thanks for the reply! I think you are right about it being a breather vent. Looking at photos it doesn't appear that anything connects to it. We will see how long my cork plug holds up before buying a whole new carb haha.

It is just a vent. Nothing connects to it.