Raptor SD 54 won't start after engaging blades

Highway61

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have a Hustler Raptor SD 54. I just got it out of the shed for the first time this season. It started within 5 seconds. I pulled it out, and let it idle for a minute or two before engaging the blades. As soon as I did it stalled out. I disengaged the blades and tried to restart the mower. The engine spins, but won't fire up. It's almost like it's not getting spark or fuel, but it was right before it shut off. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
https://www.hustlerturf.com/file/118650.pdf

see troubleshooting page 9.1

is fuel stale from last year or did you put fresh gas in tank? if stale fuel from last year, i would go to local auto parts store & purchase an inexpensive fuel siphon hose with bulb & oil drain container to pump stale fuel into, most auto parts stores have recycling tank in back. also purchase a small bottle of name brand fuel treatment for your empty gas can & follow directions on bottle as far as ounces per gallon of fuel, i always purchase high test gas. one more thing replace fuel filter after removing old gas from system. let us know how it goes, thanks.

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
choke is usually right near the throttle, key and PTO lever...

Highway61

Forum Newbie
Threads
choke is usually right near the throttle, key and PTO lever...

Looks like my model doesn't have one. The engine has printed right on it something about being chokeless.

Highway61

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like the input to the carb was clogged. Took it apart, blew it out, and it's running like a champ. Thanks!

Mr. Mower

Threads
Good to know that you solved the problem. :thumbsup:

Looks like the input to the carb was clogged. Took it apart, blew it out, and it's running like a champ. Thanks!