JonnyBlaze

Threads
Two things from your video
1) the engine is cranking too slow
2) the ACR is not working properly
So
set the valve lash good chance they will be too big
Clean ALL of the power cables, that included the ground cables
I pulled thr motor and will adjust the valves when I install it in my next project. Thanks.

So today I pulled the Kohler since it clearly wasnt the right engine and installed the right Briggs on it. Now I have another problem. The muffler. Whoever did the engine swap custom made this header pipe. The original muffler is missing and the stock briggs one wont work.

Anyone have a Toro part number 106-7007 muffler? I dont want to pay $225+ if I dont have too.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Got it running, driving, and mowing with briggs engine. J7st need the right muffler for it.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
So, now I'm having problems with the Briggs. It's not firing up. I put a spark tester on it and I only see spark when the motor starts turning over and stops turning over. Nothing while its turning over?

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Here is a link to short video I made. Thought broken key way. So I pulled the flywheel and it was fine. Looked new. Put it back together and same thing.

https://youtu.be/GM4UzWFPoJA

Hdonly

Threads
Does that engine use points or electronic ignition? If points, check the setting and if no joy, replace the condenser. Just a thought.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check that the fuel shut off solenoid is working then remove the kill wire from the coil
If the engine starts & runs then you have a wiring problem.
Now if your engine has a SAM module then you are suffering from a voltage drop while cranking and the module is not getting enough power to work.
That will be cause by a duff battery or a bad contact , usually a ground contact.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Check that the fuel shut off solenoid is working then remove the kill wire from the coil
If the engine starts & runs then you have a wiring problem.
Now if your engine has a SAM module then you are suffering from a voltage drop while cranking and the module is not getting enough power to work.
That will be cause by a duff battery or a bad contact , usually a ground contact.
Ok. I unplugged the coil and I got my spark back. So now I have to figure out that issue. It's still not running so that leads me to think carb needs cleaning as well. I dont see any modules on this motor.