Repairs Toro 22" AWD Recycler Blade Loosens and falls off while trying to start mower

MJozwiak

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro 22" AWD Recycler Blade Loosens and falls off while trying to start mower
I have a 2016 Toro AWD 22" recycler that I have replaced the drive belts but now everytime I try to start it the pull cord get ripped out of my hand and bladesss comes loose.

HELP!

bogdaN

Threads
  • / Toro 22" AWD Recycler Blade Loosens and falls off while trying to start mower
Re: Toro 22" AWD Recycler Blade Loosens and falls off while trying to start mower

Because blade have to be tighten to speck,your blade is loose that is why kicks back.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Toro 22" AWD Recycler Blade Loosens and falls off while trying to start mower

https://www.toro.com/getpub/108171

see page 19 in operators manual for blade torque using torque wrench, valve adjustment is necessary if pull cord is tuff.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

If you are getting a kickback the loose blade may have caused the flywheel key to shear. Once you have got the blade on tight and still get kickback or the blade comes loose again, you need to check the flywheel key.