Results 1 to 1 of 1
04-16-2019, 07:53 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2019
Scag SSZ CV22 won't engage mower deck
Hello. My old (1996 vintage) Scag SSZ CV22 with a 61" deck won't stay running when I engage the mower deck. Here are the symptoms:
- Starts and runs OK, but doesn't want to run with the choke on. I need to push the choke in right away to keep it running.
- Once running, applying full choke kills the engine
- When I engage the mower deck the main idler shakes quite a lot and it kills the engine.
- If I apply part choke I can get it to stay running with the deck engaged, but it won't run full speed.
- With the belts removed, engaging the deck switch has almost no effect on the engine.
- With the belts removed all 3 blades turn freely by hand with no discernible difference in friction and no noises.
- Each idler turns very freely but each has a fair bit of vertical play, especially the main idler.
- Belts were replaced last season when the mower was thowing the main belt while mowing. After replacing the belts it ran fine for the rest of the season.
Here's a video of the belts when I try to engage the deck:
I'm a pretty handy DIY guy, but not sure where to go from here. What should I check next?
Repairs Scag SSZ-CV22By WheelhorseMan in forum Scag ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-29-2019, 01:26 PM
By 711 in forum Hustler ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 04-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Mower deck Husqvarna YTH2348 Mower deck won't engageBy TheWatfordFox in forum Husqvarna & Dixon ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Price Check Scag SSZ 61" -- What is this mower worth????By DERDATIZ in forum Scag ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM
By DERDATIZ in forum Mower & Equipment Buying & PricingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2012, 03:15 PM