Snapper Hi Vac walk behind with a FJ180v motor

PattDizzle

Forum Newbie
Threads
So roughly 10 years ago, my cousin and I bought a Snapper Hi Vac from a "somewhat" local dealer. It boasted a Kawasaki FJ180v engine. After a few years of use, he took it to his newer house as I decided to use a lighter, cheaper mower. He decided to leave this $750 mower outside, through two winters, and the self propel components seized up. The vertical rubber disk ended up melting due to it not spinning. He ended up giving it back to me to tinker with and get it running again. This was my first hi-vac mower and I absolutely loved it, other than it weighing a hefty amount and being somewhat hard to move in a small area. I am contemplating fixing it because I love this motor. Only problem is, I attempted to clean it with the pressure washer and I blasted the sticker with the model and serial off. All I have is the engine model number which is FJ180V-CS32R. I browsed around for a few hours and think P216020KWV maybe the model number of the mower itself. I may end up grabbing a used hi vac through craigslist? Maybe something with a newer briggs motor and doing a swap with the FJ180V. There seems to be more of the older style that are not the "ez speed" units.

Anyone have experience with this swap? Would it just be as simple as unbolting the motor from the deck and dropping it on the new frame?

upupandaway

Threads
The snappers i have the deck has 2 sets of holes to mount the engine. Mine originally had a Wisconsin but it was missing a part so i put a Briggs on it until i fixed the original. I can post a pic of the bolt holes and u can compare to yours looking from underneath to get an idea.

PattDizzle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I havent had much time to tinker with this. My main workhorse, Simplicity Broadmoor tractor, is all sorts of messed up. I shall be posting something on the Briggs forum soon. Im hoping to come across a good deal on a used Hi-Vac in the upcoming days.