Robert@Honda: Update

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm reminded of that scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail...."I'm not dead yet." :tongue:

Anyway, the good news is I'm off disability and back at work @ Honda full time again. We've had some reorg staring our new fiscal year (April 1) and my group (advertising) has merged with the marketing/planning team. As a result, my updated position is 'Content Management Administrator' and I'll be responsible for updating content on Honda's various social and brand sites. This means I won't be active on forums :frown: but will try and post now and then.

Of course, my good friends over in customer service are here to help anyway:

https://powerequipment.honda.com/support/contact-us

Hope all has been well here, and I wish you and your family the best!

jp1961

Threads
Hi Robert,

Good to hear from you again. I was thinking you were pushing up daisy's only to be mowed down by a reliable Honda lawnmower.

Regards

Jeff

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to have you back on deck.
Sorry to hear the reason for your absence .
Hope all is well and the problems are both well behind not reoccuring.

Mikel1

Threads
Glad to hear from you again, also great you are able to go back to work. Wishing you and your family the best.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad to have you back Robert & congratulations on your new assignment. Stay safe & healthy.

Sparkland

Threads
Robert, Great to hear you are back working. I missed your insightful comments!! We were like a ship without a rudder, here on the Honda forum.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome back Robert. Hopefully your recovery continues and we see many times in the future. Rivets

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good to see you back Robert. & Thanks again for your help on my old Honda tiller.

Joe Pasta

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Robert, I am new to the site; glad you have recovered and are back to the forum.

I have an 8-yr old Home Depot-purchased HRR216XVA; Serial number is MZCG-8154313. Late last summer, the Smart Drive stopped working. I noticed that the (nylon?) pulley attached to the trans was worn away on the side facing the deck (up). Thinking that the belt had worn away the (nylon?) pulley, I ordered a new pulley and belt (why not?) and replaced them yesterday. However, when we started the mover, we heard "strange noises" coming from the rear of the mower. We immediately shut-down the mower, turned it over, and found the new pulley was already wearing away / being ground away on the same side. Obviously, something else is wrong / out of alignment / etc.

Any suggestions for me? Does entire Smart Drive system need to be replaced? Is it worth the cost on a 8 yr-old mover? Thanks in advance for your help! Joe