John Deere L110 brake issue

zmeadows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guys,

The other day I replaced the pinion gear and steering sector on the mower. Once I put everything back together (I haven't attached the deck yet), I went to start it and noticed that when I pushed the brake down, it was hard to push and didn't spring back like normal. I got back underneath it and realized the brake rod that goes all the way across the frame is covered up by the plate that I needed to take off in order to replace the gear/sector. I loosened a few of the screws that hold the plate onto the frame, and felt some of the tension on the brake give. I can push the brake down and now it has some spring retention in it, yet the mower still will not turn over (somehow the brake is not being pushed down all the way and not activating the switch). Is there a way to bypass the switch, or what did I do wrong when assembling back together? I went through the diagram and didn't see where I went wrong.

Thanks

Menssen

Threads
It may not be your brake switch. Make sure the gear shift is in neutral and the lever is pushing that switch button. I have that issue once in awhile on my 112.