2005 craftsman Lt2000. $400?

Sf49168

Threads
How’s it going
Thinking of buying 2005 Craftsman Lt2000. Person wants $400. But he stated below

No bagger also

The float stuck over the winter and filled the engine with gas and when friend tried to crank it ,it sheared the keyway. I cleaned the carb, changed the keyway, drained and replaced the oil and it started right up. I also put an in line fuel shut off on it just for peace of mind. After it ran for a bit I changed the oil and filter, spark plug, air and fuel filters and then took the deck off and cleaned it up and painted it, replaced the blades, and the belt. Not sure of hours but Old man used for a year when new from an old woman who's husband bought it new and used it for 1 year before he passed. Sat until 3 year ago

Worth it ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
"If friend had checked the oil level before firing it up", he would have seen an Overfull oil level condition, & possibly even smelled the gas now in the crankcase.

Anyhow, I had a 2008 ylt3000 that did same. I put in a shut off as well, after it had filled the crankcase on that one I used to have.

If it is a stick (6 speed) & is a Dana transaxle, that is gonna give you problems & there are no replacement parts.

But otherwise I'd say it should be worth $400. I'd try & haggle for lower price tho.

Sf49168

Threads
"If friend had checked the oil level before firing it up", he would have seen an Overfull oil level condition, & possibly even smelled the gas now in the crankcase.

Anyhow, I had a 2008 ylt3000 that did same. I put in a shut off as well, after it had filled the crankcase on that one I used to have.

If it is a stick (6 speed) & is a Dana transaxle, that is gonna give you problems & there are no replacement parts.

But otherwise I'd say it should be worth $400. I'd try & haggle for lower price tho.

Thanks for the reply .. it wasn’t my friend , the sellers friend etc. Overall. I’ll try and haggle

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
What motor is on these tractors? Maybe something I need to watch for on my old mower

Lawn Addict
Threads
What motor is on these tractors? Maybe something I need to watch for on my old mower

Mine had a 20hp B&S single cylinder.. Good engine, just seems it should have come with a fuel shut off..

Sf49168

Threads
Thanks all. Ended up not buying that machine

Did get a Toro lx420 with 82 hrs on it

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: Not even broke in yet..

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, I'm rather biased to Toro machines myself. :thumbsup: