First Mowing of the Year With My Bricktop!

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I was finally able to mow for the first time with my trusty 1975 Lawnboy 5024. She fired up on the second pull and never stopped until after I shut the fuel valve off. Man, I love the sound of a vintage 2 stroke! There's just something about that buzzy sound from the old D-433 and D-600 engines I have.

L8R,
Matt

wingless

Threads
Thanks for sharing.

Looks nice.

Why not just fix the on / off switch? The repair on mine was easy, just positioning the parts as-detailed in the manual, then it always worked.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Thanks for sharing.

Looks nice.

Why not just fix the on / off switch? The repair on mine was easy, just positioning the parts as-detailed in the manual, then it always worked.

I probably should clarify. I always shut the fuel off to let the carb run dry. The on-off switches on both of my Lawn Boys work just fine.

L8R,
Matt

69HemiGTX

Threads
Wow, the bricktops sure are buzzy, aren't they? I cut my yard pretty close and bagged it with my 14SB a couple weeks ago. I'm getting the 8403 out to cut it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Romore

Threads
I miss those old Lawnboys. I too love the sound of a 2 stroke and they are so light and easy to handle.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Wow, the bricktops sure are buzzy, aren't they? I cut my yard pretty close and bagged it with my 14SB a couple weeks ago. I'm getting the 8403 out to cut it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, the D Series has a bit of a different sound than the F series. Only rated at 3-1/2hp, but the beater 7262 that I have actually outmowed the JD 14SB I used to have. As much as I liked the 14SB, that was the deciding factor for me to sell it last summer.

L8R,
Matt