New member looking two buy my 1st riding mower .

RandallL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to buy my 1st riding lawnmower. Looking to buy once and have it a long time . Have a half acre lot in town . Been looking at the Simplicity Broadmoor line and a John Deer X 300 or X380 . Looking a the best ride I can get as have a little back issue. Like the SCS on the Broadmoor for the ride but ride test was on different ground . Not fixed on just these choice . May look at snow blower for use down the road . Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Between those models, I would recommend the Broadmoor. I feel you will get more bang for your buck.

cruzenmike

Threads
Looking to buy my 1st riding lawnmower. Looking to buy once and have it a long time . Have a half acre lot in town . Been looking at the Simplicity Broadmoor line and a John Deer X 300 or X380 . Looking a the best ride I can get as have a little back issue. Like the SCS on the Broadmoor for the ride but ride test was on different ground . Not fixed on just these choice . May look at snow blower for use down the road . Thanks

Do you currently use a rider type mower? I know of people with back problems that are aggravated by turning a steering wheel repeatedly. The models you mention I believe have mechanical steering at that. If this is the case you would want to consider something with EPS or a ztr with lap bars that will have very little impact on your back issues. If this is not the case, simplicity Broadmoor line is very nice but I believe they are limited to just Briggs engines. No hate for them, but wasn't sure if you had any loyalty to one engine over the other. X350 up to the X590 all use Kawasaki engines with the X590 being an EFI. Most of the X series of Deere's and even the Broadmoor may be Overkill for your lawn, but they will certainly last longer than a Poulan, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet XT1/XT2 or alike.