21hp intek

clockman

Forum Newbie
Threads
any body no why the piston would hit the spark plug replaced cam before this but its poping and backfiring now and the spark plug hit the piston

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can only be a few things
1) wrong plug
2) collapsed / missing head gasket
3) loose or stretched con rod.
4) Worn crankcase

clockman

Forum Newbie
Threads
well i put it back in and its not hitting it now but wants to backfire out of exaust and smoke plus it soaks the plug with gas i ordered another carb will be here by friday ill try thast

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you sure that the piston is hitting the plug ( center electrode bent ) or dose the engine just lock up.
The latter can be a hydro lock caused by petrol in the cylinder and being a liquid, it can not compress.

Tinkerer200

Threads
any body no why the piston would hit the spark plug replaced cam before this but its poping and backfiring now and the spark plug hit the piston

Well sounds to me like you put it together wrong. I see you say piston is no longer hitting plug. Timing marks off between replaced cam and crank shaft,timing gear came off when replacing cam and re-installed incorrectly?

Walt Conner

Last edited:

clockman

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi well the piston is not hitting the plug but i did the valves replaced carb and plug and bypased the backfire silonod but want to surge and pop sometimes any thoughts thanks