Hustler Dash model

Slk25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased a Dash.
Mulching kit is taking more than two weeks to arrive. Is that reasonable?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Dash is a new model from Hustler and often the delivery of accessories/attachments for new models takes some extra time.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Hustler section.

Khump

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I am interested in any feedback you can give on the Hustler Dash. I have a small yard so this little zero turn would be perfect. My concern is with the 10 1/2 horse power motor does it have enough power to get a really good cut quality? I’m also interested in getting the stripe kit and mulching kit and I am curious how well they work on this mower. I’m considering this mower or a John Deere Z335E 42 in deck with a 20hp motor. The JD is $400 more expensive. I would welcome any feedback or opinions.

Thanks

Khump

Forum Newbie
Threads
One other thing I forgot I noticed that the Deck doesn’t have anti scalping roller bars. Does this mower have a tendency to scalp?

Slk25

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased this mower and it was delivered last Wednesday.
Like any new toy, I had to try it out but not until I installed the mulching kit I also ordered.
The mulch kit was a simple installation except for one of the nuts being .375-16UNC (too large), so I used some 5/16-18 nuts and double nutted the one stud.
I have a relatively flat lawn, but not real smooth.
I mowed at about half speed since my legs blocked the handles unless I have my feet over the front foot rest like a foot stool.
The cut was exceptional.
I weigh 230 lbs and no issues with the power available since it is recommended to run this machine at full throttle.
The only hassle so far has been not being able to scrape out all the grass clippings stuck on the inside of the deck.
It really stinks up the garage in spite of getting a large amount of the clippings out with an old bondo scraper.
Once the rain stops around here I will wait for the grass to dry and try it again.
Hope this helps you with your decision.

tpack

Threads
Like any new toy, I had to try it out but not until I installed the mulching kit I also ordered.
The mulch kit was a simple installation except for one of the nuts being .375-16UNC (too large), so I used some 5/16-18 nuts and double nutted the one stud.
I mowed at about half speed since my legs blocked the handles unless I have my feet over the front foot rest like a foot stool.
The cut was exceptional.
I weigh 230 lbs and no issues with the power available since it is recommended to run this machine at full throttle.
The only hassle so far has been not being able to scrape out all the grass clippings stuck on the inside of the deck.
It really stinks up the garage in spite of getting a large amount of the clippings out with an old bondo scraper.
Once the rain stops around here I will wait for the grass to dry and try it again.

I have a 54" Fastrak and it does the same thing. I try mowing after the grass has plenty of time for the dew to dry but it still collects. I mowed an acre of St. Augustine for almost 20 years and never had a problem with my Dixon clogging and collecting clippings.

Lrrrrmeister

Forum Newbie
Threads
The cut was exceptional.

Just an FYI for you, Hustler sells a steering arm extension kit which should be compatible with this machine. That might be enough to get you the extra space that you need.

Khump

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Dash 34 today with a mulch kit and the stripe kit is on order. I just finished my first mow and I’m impressed with this little mower. Plenty of power, excellent cut quality, mowed right up a small incline in my front yard no problem. I’m impressed with the build quality, seems to be build very well.

Slk25

Forum Newbie
Threads
The cut was exceptional.

I did the five hour oil change this week. Oil was very dirty looking.
I replaced the oil with Mobil one 10W30.
The oil change hose was easy to use compared to some of the other people that have to add a hose to the outlet on the bigger units.
Only took 44 ounces of oil to complete the change.
Mowed again after the change since we are getting rain here for many days on end.
Next mow will probably not be as good looking as the first three with the mud involved.