frazld

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / HELP -----Honda (part web site) HRR2169VKA Carb Wrong Part Problem
Honda Mower
Model # HRR2169VKA, Serial # MZCG - 9308136
Engine
Model # GCV160LA0 - MY1RZ280, Serial # GJARA - 53373373

Cleaned carb twice still no go. Runs fine until choke opens. Appears to be starved of fuel.
Had this prob on other Honda mowers had to replace carb.
But this time Honda is giving me the wrong part number of the carb
per their web site https://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/lm/hrr/hrr216/HRR216K9-VKAA
16100-Z8B-901 CARBURETOR ASSY. (BB76A A). The one I got is like the one at Honda's web site.
The one on my mower is the one on the left in the attached pics.
I show them the correct one on there show room floor and they all said the same part as what I got. Wrong part.
Perhaps there is a difference for California Mowers?
Plus they don't even list the new K10 series

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 5

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
Californian EPA law prohibits thee use of any carburettor that has adjustable jets which would allow a customer to run his machine rich and thus cause the extinguishment of all life on the planet.
We get a lot of last seasons unsold mowers down her nd I have noticed things like the Californian ones do not have grease nipples , no adjustments on carb & filter / check valve on fuel tank air inlet.

frazld

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes
Californian EPA law prohibits thee use of any carburettor that has adjustable jets which would allow a customer to run his machine rich and thus cause the extinguishment of all life on the planet.
We get a lot of last seasons unsold mowers down her nd I have noticed things like the Californian ones do not have grease nipples , no adjustments on carb & filter / check valve on fuel tank air inlet.

So can I make this carb work?
can I make the existing THERMO WAX ASSY, work?

cause the extinguishment of all life on the planet.
I like that

frazld

Forum Newbie
Threads
So can I make this carb work?
can I make the existing THERMO WAX ASSY, work?

cause the extinguishment of all life on the planet.
I like that

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it can be connected to the engine management system then any carb can work on any engine.
Some will just require more effort to make them work properly than others.
From here the only difference I see is the top of the throttle control & no idle jet adjustment .
The throttle butterfly will pull out if the shaft is levered up a little to allow the barb to slide out.
Then the shaft will pull right up & out.

How did you "clean" the old carb ?
did you unscrew the main jet then push out the emulsion tube and clean out all of the cross drillings ?
Did you remove the idle jet and clean it out ?

tadawson

Threads
Agree - looking at the original carb, I can't see any sign of wear that would make me think that a complete and thorough cleaning would not get it back to 100%. The key is to disassemble *everything*, not just a few parts. Limiter caps (if present) do come off, etc . . . Clean and probe *every* passage and orifice, and if it has any plastic jets, consider replacement (I have had those degrade and shrink over time in fuel, and take an engine lean . . . no amountnof cleaning helped, but simply changing to a new jet of the same size, well, been perfext for 5+ years. The plastic got to fuzzy to drill . . . tried that too . . .).