Craftsman LT 2000 explosion sound without engine spinning

Mrbill1

Threads
  • / Craftsman LT 2000 explosion sound without engine spinning
I have an LT 2000 that wouldn't start. After further checking, I determined there was no voltage going to the coil. Also when I turned the ignition on the fuel solenoid did not click, so it also had no power. I began checking at the starter solenoid. Then I heard the fuel solenoid click. All of a sudden there was a loud explosion sound. It seemed to come from the engine. It could not have been a backfire as the engine was not spinning. I could not determine where it came from.
After the explosion sound, I again have no voltage on the output side of the starter solenoid. I have not yet determined if my solenoid is bad yet.
Does anyone have any ideas about the explosion sound?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got a shot of voltage to the ignition when you were messing with the solenoid, ignited a spark plug, cylinder charged with fuel/air, exhaust valve open maybe, KaBoom! Hope you find the electrical gremlin.

Mrbill1

Threads
Got a shot of voltage to the ignition when you were messing with the solenoid, ignited a spark plug, cylinder charged with fuel/air, exhaust valve open maybe, KaBoom! Hope you find the electrical gremlin.
I didn't know a current could flow through the coil's secondary to the spark plug without the flywheel spinning..
Thanks, I was baffled at what the explosion was. I knew it sounded like a backfire.