Always ending up with strip of uncut grass near discharge side?

veekay

Threads
  • / Always ending up with strip of uncut grass near discharge side?
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but it is landscaping related :smile:

Anyway, whenever I mow it seems half the time I end up with a long strip of grass that isn't being full cut - this is on the discharge chute side. I am cutting within the limits of the blades. I just replaced all the blades and the belt and checked all tire pressure and deck height.

Am I missing something simple or something else that should be checked? It isn't a huge deal, but it ends up looking pretty bad when the whole lawn is done.

lawn1.jpglawn.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The grass being discharged is pushing down the grass that has not been cut.
So either mow more often or overlap your passes a little more.
Also check that the deck is in fact level by measuring the height from the cutting tips of the blades to the ground.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
How long has the mower been doing this? Are you sure your replacement blades are the correct ones for your mower?

It might be helpful to include the mower's brand, model, width of cut and age. Then it can be moved to the forum for that brand and more people may see it.

veekay

Threads
Ah, that would make sense. I haven't been able to mow for the last 3 weeks due to rain, so it was pretty high. When I mowed previously (first mow of the season) the grass was much shorter and I noticed this didn't happen. It does happen more in the higher grass sections versus the lower.