toro 74240 wiring diagram

klein

Threads
good day
my toro 62 inch zero turn mower clutch has gone bad i believe, in the past few years has been sticking (clicking but not engaging) a simple tap on it would engage it .
while gutting grass for the first time this year the mower blades stopped spinning . a simple tap didn't fix it, after shutting the motor off it won't restart .

i have unhooked the clutch wires , checked all my safeties, when i turn the key the fuel pump comes on and shuts off, i turn the key further but the started doesn't do anything.
no clicks or anything. last year i did replace the starter key switch .

i'm looking for a wiring diagram for this mower so i can try and track down this problem, and yes this model has the eif mod.
toro
mod = 74240
ser = 210000507

thank you in advance

klein

Threads
Rivets thank you

my mower has two relays side by side but the electrical drawing is only showing one.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Back up one page and you’ll find a diagram with 2 relays, one start and one kill. I know that it is not your model, but testing them will be the same. Probably just an update for a newer model, as this is an older service manual. Testing them will be the same.

klein

Threads
i believe that the drawing is for a toro without the ECU modal, the drawing i'm looking at is for 74240 and the 74241 toro.
i also believe that the drawing is wrong, i believe sw3 (break) is drawn backwards.

i believe that the second relay on my toro is controlled by the ECU .

the key switch i replaced two years ago is bad, in the start position was not letting the voltage trough.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is a parts breakdown for your unit. https://lookup3.toro.com/classes/do...82.1960215163.1555005876-326972694.1543171763. Looking at your serial number, I believe this is the correct diagram. I’ve looked at the parts breakdown and cannot find a second relay or ECU. If you are referring to the safety interlock module, there is a procedure for testing in the service manual I posted earlier. If the clutch shuts down, but the engine keeps running, it may be the key switch, but I would be testing the PTO switch, all safety switches, modules, mercury switches etc. before purchasing any new parts. In most areas electrical components cannot be returned once they leave the store. Also, remember I’m not standing there looking at your unit and cannot see what you are talking about. My terminology and yours may not be the same, which can cause confusion for both of us.

klein

Threads
Rivets this toro is 17 years old. and has efi , this means that it has a ECU module up under the engine.
if you look at the wiring diagram you will see ECU referenced . i jumped the key switch and started my toro
all i need now it a new key switch and a clutch .