Turbo Boost for 190CC??

wineman

Threads
Have a craftsman mower with a 675 Series 190 CC B&S. It is my understanding there are several things I can do that will take the torque the listed 6.75 and move it to 9.0. First it is suggested I use prem. gas, (and occasionally run pure Isopropyl Alcohol), adjust to a shorter gap an Iridium spark plug and as a replacement for the air filter I get a combined air filter that also has fan blades it it and when the engine is on that it will cause the fan blades to turn and push more air to the engine and increase the torque.

Also does anyone have an ideas on how to change the compression ratio on this engine?

As anyone tried this combination and what were your results or in general any comments on the viability of this?

Thanks for any and all comments.

Bob in Dallas, TX.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shave the head, not likely to find thinner head gasket.

Add 200 hp shot of nitrous, & stand back...... Actually I think you are just gonna shorten the engine life.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of things you can do and all will boost the output, ONCE
Then after it goes Bang the output will be very low.
These engines are build down to the lowest possible price.
Thirty years ago the crank & rod would take the extra load.
However computer modeling now days means that the parts are the smallest, lightest & weakest that will barely handle the load till the warranty expires.
And then there is balance or rather lack of it.
Beef up the output and your mower will spend more time going sideways than forward.

Search "racing mower engines"
Lots of good information but if you tote all the replacement parts you will find the only original bits are the crankcase castings and even they get modified.
If you need more balls, get a bigger engine.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Put a couple of your grandpa's heart nitro pills in the gas tank.

wineman

Threads
Lots of things you can do and all will boost the output, ONCE
Then after it goes Bang the output will be very low.
These engines are build down to the lowest possible price.
Thirty years ago the crank & rod would take the extra load.
However computer modeling now days means that the parts are the smallest, lightest & weakest that will barely handle the load till the warranty expires.
And then there is balance or rather lack of it.
Beef up the output and your mower will spend more time going sideways than forward.

Search "racing mower engines"
Lots of good information but if you tote all the replacement parts you will find the only original bits are the crankcase castings and even they get modified.
If you need more balls, get a bigger engine.

What about the combo fan bladed air filter. Has anyone used that?

Bob

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get rid of the head gasket, just use Indian Head gasket shellac.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Leaf blower turbo charger?

wineman

Threads
Yep, I saw that on YouTube, so you know it works !!!! :laughing:
o
I was able to do what I had been suggested and raise the power by using formula :p = F * D / T. and it seems to have raised the torque by about 40%. I sharpened the blades and now I have a major force to deal with lawn problems.

Bob