TB30R Riding Mower

daveuno

Forum Newbie
Threads
This may inappropriate but I must ask, is there a way to disable the "mow-in-reverse" safety feature on this mower. Although the ignition key panel suggests that it can be disabled there, it does not function. I understand this is risky but with my goofy yard and absolutely no risks to consider, this would make life much easier.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-- Dave --

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
look up your parts manual , if you don't have one, use partstree.
Generally the actual switch that kills the engine will be somewhere around the transmission and have a plunger that is depressed when the control arm moves to the reverse position.
Occasionally they are under the foot board .
The switch will be a simple open / closed type so measuer which way it is when driving forward, remove the switch and mane a compensation to the wiring at the switch plug.

And yes I am being vague.

If you can not follow these instruction then you should leave it alone.

daveuno

Forum Newbie
Threads
Many thanks! And your instructions are better than you might think :) I expected a plunger type switch and you confirmed that. I think I can make some progress. Thanks also for the source for a parts manual...that should definitely help.

Take care!

-- Dave --

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As a point of order I do not condone the bypassing or defeating of any safety feature no matter how lame, annoying & useless it might appear to be.
However there is a large sector of the community who seem to think it is a strike for the freedom of the working man against the oppression of regulators to disable all of them.
The apperplectics seem to idolize them so no matter what the problem is, the answer is to rip out all safety devices.
When you are on here every day you could just about vomit blood when every second clown post
" my mower won't start.
I have disabled the seat switch, changed the air filter & oil but it still won't start"

I used to ask them why they thought doing any of the above would make a difference ( they don't ) & the best answer one ever got was "you tube".
Then I get accused of being rude or condescending .

Hope you can figure it out.
The reverse switch is totally useless and the result of a way too smart lawer & a way to liberal judge both of whom think you can legislate out stupidity.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
My JD rider has a defeat pushbutton switch on the dash to bypass that reverse switch. I put another on the steering wheel crossbar, much handier to hit that with my thumb without looking. Might rig up something similar for your mower and leave the actual safety device intact.