New Member, Home, and soon a New Mower - Help Requested

trippster

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Member, Home, and soon a New Mower - Help Requested
Hi all and great site! I very recently moved to a home with an ~1/4 or more acre yard, it has minimal landscaping, is relatively flat, and no appreciable obstacles. The previous owner had purchased this property as newly built and let’s say that lawn care was not a priority. Meaning that it is a very bumpy lawn that will take a few seasons to get right. As for me, I have been an apartment dweller for the last five years and traveled extensively the three years before that, so I haven’t purchase lawn equipment in at least eight years or so.

The three models listed below are what I am considering for the property described. I am currently favoring the Husqvarna, but I am concerned about the AWD and it being open. I like the other two, but the Personal Pace feature of the Toro gives me pause.

Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Husqvarna LC221AH – AWD open belt drive, B&S 163cc, mulch, Bag, Rear discharge, 21”

Craftsman M310 – RWD closed belt drive, B&S 163cc, mulch, Bag, side discharge, 21”

Toro Recycler – RWD personal pace variable, B&S 163cc, mulch, Bag, side discharge, 22”

trippster

Forum Newbie
Threads
After doing some more research on this and other sources. I have narrowed it down to:

Toro: 20333 or 20334

Honda: HRR216KVA

I will be going to check and try a couple out. I appreciate the information available on this site.

trippster

Forum Newbie
Threads
To close this up.

I purchased a Honda HRX217HYA