Lawn Chief electric mower -Need hand switch

nbpt100

Threads
I have Lawn Chief 19" electric mower that was purchased at True Value. The Hand switch is broken.

I called True Value and they said they no longer own the company that made their Lawn Chief mowers.

It was General Equip. Co in Harvard, IL. They sold it to MTD 20 years ago and they have been referring people there.

After calling MTD Cust. Service I hit a dead end. They no longer service this line of machines.

I am curious if it may have been made by Black and Decker or Homelite who makes quite a few electric mowers.

It is too bad as the machine is in very good condition otherwise.

Any ideas or insights?

MowerMike

Threads
It would be helpful if you could post some photos of the mower and the part in question. Having said that, it should be fairly easy to jury rig some sort of switch to make it work. I did this using an automotive rocker switch with a high enough current and voltage rating to safely carry the electrical load. I located it on the side of the handle near the grip to make it easy to quickly turn it off when necessary, since it had no bail function. Trying to locate the exact correct original part may be very difficult, unless it is still in use today.

nbpt100

Threads
Sure I can rig up an inexpensive 115Volt 15 amp light switch to get it to work but I would prefer to have the right part and keep safety a priority. Thanks.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
can you retrieve any numbers/markings from the actual switch? quite likely was some off-the-shelf item.

Or, investigate some way to replace/splice-in the entire switch and cord system from some other mower?