Smoothing out the lawn

jenkinsph

Threads
A question for the experienced 3 point operators.

I have a box blade I pull with a New Holland TD75D and each time the back tires go over a raised area it dumps some of the load and after a few minutes of work it looks worse for smooth and level than when I started. Is there an answer for this constant up and down movement that tends to follow the tractor ups and downs?

Experience doesn't seem to be helping the situation.

When using my boxblade I go slow enough when doing finish grading to constantly adjust the hitch height. You can also run in reverse but preferrably only when finish grading loose material to prevent machinery damage. With topntilt you can make minute adjustments on the fly too, roll the box back and take less of a bite.

A landplane such as the larger one I built would work well for your tractor, this one is 8' wide and the boxblade is 7' wide. A landplane with skids or maybe add skids that are detachable to your boxblade would make dealing with washboard alot easier.

Rich F

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Smoothing out the lawn
rich,
Here are some pictures of a new landplane I built a week back, will finish it up this weekend and paint it. This one is for the garden tractor and is 4' wide with 5' long skids, it will be used to fix problems with lawns such as yours I have only tested this on the driveway as my lawn doesn't need it..
Attached Thumbnails

Thanks that's what I need.Now just need to find the time to make one or have someone make it for me.

FredWalter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are some pictures of a new landplane I built a week back, will finish it up this weekend and paint it. This one is for the garden tractor and is 4' wide with 5' long skids

Ballpark figure, how much does it cost to make something like this, if I could weld? About how long does it take to weld it up (in case I wanted to get a local welding place to make one for me?)

Deanna's Honda

Forum Newbie
Threads
Call the people who left the ruts and tell them it needs to be rolled OR they can mow it for you every time it needs it !

No excuse for a landscaping or grading contractor leaving it uneven ! :thumbdown:

Hi there! I agree with BKBrown. I worked for an electric company and when our men went out to do some kind of repair or fixing up and left ruts in the lawn, you bet your booty, we had to fix it and make it right. So call the people who did the damage and have them fix it. This same thing applies for any company that comes to your home and does damage - call them to fix it!!

lmfhgl1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Smoothing out the lawn
rich,
Here are some pictures of a new landplane I built a week back, will finish it up this weekend and paint it. This one is for the garden tractor and is 4' wide with 5' long skids, it will be used to fix problems with lawns such as yours I have only tested this on the driveway as my lawn doesn't need it..
Attached Thumbnails

Rich
Where did you find the blades? What are they from?
D

Rich F

Forum Newbie
Threads
That question about where the blades were found goes to jenkinsph