How to remove pulley from spindle

AJ Mattern

Forum Newbie
Threads
We just purchased a "returned" lawn Dewalt 40V mower from Lowes because the charger was missing. Wrong. The inside pulley is warped and jacked up. Now we cannot remove the pulley from the spindle! Help! Here's a photo.

20190406_104505 - Copy.jpg20190406_104453 - Copy.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
A parts diagram that I found looks like the pulley, shaft and lower bearing come as an assembly.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, also the pulley is just plastic, cut it off, then press off the bearings.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fish
looks like the pulley will be cast onto the shaft.
The shaft has bearings so it can rotate but the pulley is hard on the shaft.
Thus replacing the bearings will be of little use as he still has to replace the broken pulley.
Just another cost cutting exercise but people force the mowr companies to do this because they will not pay a fair & reasonable price for quality durable mowers.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
True,
but he asked how to get it off.

AJ Mattern

Forum Newbie
Threads
A parts diagram that I found looks like the pulley, shaft and lower bearing come as an assembly.

The diagram I found was broken down. Could you please include the link to the assembly? That is what I am looking for!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The diagram I found was broken down. Could you please include the link to the assembly? That is what I am looking for!

Without the exact model number of your mower, I have no way of knowing if the model I looked at was your model.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
part 14 driven pulley N510599 . About $10

If it is in warranty let them fix it. Its like 1 year, 3 years on the warranty.

Looks like that is the brake or clutch. Maybe someone tried to mow too tall of grass and it caused it to heat up.