New Spammer

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last night, I reported a spam post. At that time, there were maybe a dozen spam posts from this user.

As of now, 0825 CDT, there are almost 400 and no sign of letting up.

I could have handled this last night if I had permission, i.e., moderator status.

I would suggest that more moderators are needed to provide as close to an 'around-the-clock' moderator presence as possible to prevent things like this from happening. Now somebody has a big mess to clean up and getting bigger by the minute.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think they can delete all posts by the user, but yes it's an epic mess at the moment.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a robot
It will continue to upload the korean gambling messages every 5 seconds till the staff can work out how to dissable it.
Expect this to happen for a few days because it in not normal spam , it is a hack.
The forum will not allow a member to post messages as fast as the hackers web bot is uploading them

If it really urks you then cut & paste all of the messages and send them to the Korean Embassy.
O as it is a foreign hack, report it to the FBI cyber crime unit.

Korea has fiber to the desktop which makes them very efficient hackers.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
770 posts, still posting away.

It has made the 'Today's Posts' function unusable.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Might be hard on a phone or tablet but on the desktop it is just a case of picking out the headders that are in english & not Korean.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Sorry about the delay on this, I was traveling and nobody else picked it up. We will add another moderator or two. Any applicants?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Put me in for a applicant.
I have moderated a couple of forums over the last few years.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd like to nominate Cpurvis for a Moderator. I think he has the right skills & judgement.

I saw the deal (spamming on every post) last night, reported it also, & got away from here.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The spammer also hit a utv forum Im on last night. Crazy